Comunicat de presa2014-05-21
Leading Romanian Bank Implements Oracle Applications on Oracle Engineered Systems to Accelerate Transactions, Enhance Customer Experience, Reduce IT Complexity
As part of a broader business initiative to modernize and expand its operations, Banca Transilvania transformed its IT systems, using a combination of Oracle Applications running on Oracle engineered systems. As a result of the Oracle deployment, Banca Transilvania has been able to support the addition of more customers and increase loans and deposits while raising profits.
· In a complex IT transformation project Banca Transilvania, one of Romania’s leading banks, changed its core banking system, implemented anti-money laundering and fraud solutions and new CRM applications to address the needs of the modern financial industry and become a small to medium-sized enterprise leader.
· In 2013, Banca Transilvania implemented Oracle Flexcube, Oracle’s integrated, modular solution for financial institutions. The implementation has helped Banca Transilvania improve its customer experience by helping enable it to develop 24/7 online banking channels with comprehensive functionality, greater security, and higher performance and availabillity. Banca Transilvania is now also able to optimise end of day/month/year processes, as well as increase automation and simplify processes.
· The bank is currently rolling out the Oracle Anti-Money Laundering and Oracle Financial Services Fraud applications after purchasing them in 2013.
Banca Transilvania has also implemented Oracle Siebel CRM to identify customer needs, react faster to the more rapid marketplace changes, and to launch new products and upsell to existing customers.
· The new applications run on Oracle Exadata database machines, Oracle’s pre-integrated engineered systems which support high performance and easy infrastructure management.
·Ömer Tetik, CEO Banca Transilvania said: “Improving the customer experience has been a key component to increasing our leadership in the industry. Oracle’s core banking platform, as well as its innovative technology solutions, have been key to our success so far. Our top priorities are to have the most advanced security controls in place and that our customers are delivered the best banking services available. We believe our technology advancements will achieve exactly this.
· “Since we implemented the core banking system we have attracted more than 100,000 new clients, assets-depending market share has increased close to 9%, the volume of credits has increased by 12%, and deposits by 15%. Among our priorities as a bank lies an IT investment to deliver fast services and to have advanced systems for transaction security”.
· Sorin Mindrutescu, Oracle Romania country leader said, “Oracle Applications running on high-performance Oracle hardware give the organisation a strong, reliable and cost-effective IT infrastructure to drive business growth. I’m pleased to see this highly successful example of an Oracle-on-Oracle implementation giving Banca Transilvania a real advantage in the competitive financial services sector.”