BT Financial Results as at March 31, 2021: a good sign of the economy’s recovery
Comunicat de presa 2021-04-29
Ömer Tetik, Chief Executive Officer, Banca Transilvania:
"BT operated with it’s engines running at full speed during the first quarter of the year,
which can be seen in the record number of loans granted."
- Almost 48,000 loans were granted during the first 3 months of the year, amounting to 3,947 million RON. Of these, 45,700 were loans to individuals - mortgages and consumer loans.
- The Bank counts approx. 3.1 million Retail clients, 352,000 SME & Micro clients and more than 10,600 corporate clients.
- 1.9 million customers are digitized, of which over 1.2 million use BT Pay, + 79% compared to the first quarter of 2020.
- The number of mobile payments doubled during the first quarter of 2021 compared to the same period of last year, reaching 12.3 million.
- The number of online card payments during the first quarter of 2021 increased by 64% compared to the first quarter of 2020.
- The bank has 70.64% Romanian capital and more than 33,000 Romanian individual shareholders.
- BT continued its network refurbishment at a pace of one refurbished unit / week.
The results of Banca Transilvania during the first three months of the year are encouraging and represent a sign of the Romanian economy’s relaunch after 2020 challenges.
The assets of Banca Transilvania Financial Group reached 110.9 billion RON at the end of the first quarter and the loans increased to 43.09 billion RON. The customers’ deposits reached 93.19 billion RON, of which 64.22 billion RON are retail deposits and 28.96 billion RON are deposits of company clients.
The net consolidated profit of Banca Transilvania Financial Group amounts to RON 656.33 million, while that of the bank amounts to RON 581.26 million. Subsidiaries and equity participations contributed with approximately 75 million RON to the BT Group profitability. The bank’s cost / income ratio is 45.61%, annualizing the impact of the contribution to the Bank Deposit Guarantee Fund and to the Resolution Fund.
"We see encouraging signs, Romania's economy has recovered well during the first three months of the year, but the challenges are still here. We depend now on the vaccination trend, but also on the travelling and consumption restrictions in other European countries and in the world and the recovery pace will be directly correlated with that of the major economies within the European Union. We are optimistic, but we remain alert and close to the customers with loans and those who need financing to support their business, the consumption and the economy in general. BT operated with it’s engines running at full speed during the first quarter of the year, translated in the record number of loans granted.” states Ömer Tetik, Chief Executive Officer, Banca Transilvania
The non-performing exposures ratio, according to the EBA definition, is 3.73% as at March 31, 2021; The total provision coverage ratio of non-performing exposures, as per the applicable EBA standards, is 131%. The bank's CAR is 23.82% and includes the profit of the first quarter; Fitch Ratings maintained the rating of Banca Transilvania for long-term financing (IDR) at "BB +", with a negative outlook, as well as the viability rating (VR) at "bb +" level.
The real estate / mortgage loans portfolio amounts to 13.8 billion RON and the SME loans portfolio to about 17.8 billion RON. The bank has reached 4.4 million cards in its portfolio, of which almost 530,000 are credit cards.
BT plans for 2021, approved by the bank’s shareholders. Year of Restart
At the General Meeting of the BT Shareholders held on April 28, 2021, the shareholders approved the proposal of the Board of Directors regarding the closing of the year 2020, the distribution of the profit, as well as the capital’s increase with 573.8 million RON.
2020 results support BT' s role as main pillar of the economic restart in 2021. For this year, Banca Transilvania has proposed the following:
- + 11.3% assets, reaching a level of 115 billion RON;
- 49.3% cost / income ratio;
- +7,9% Gross loans;
- 47,9% Loans / Deposit ratio;
- +11,6% Customer deposits.
The BT's investment budget for 2021 is 400.88 million RON and will be allocated to IT projects, cards, digital initiatives and for the network.
At Banca Transilvania, this year's headline is Restart. BT wants to play a major role in supporting the businesses, the people and the economy.