Comunicat de presa2016-08-31
Banca Transilvania, as main partner of The Romanian Basketball Federation, attended the launch of the European Basket Championship symbol. This is a giant structure and it’s inauguration marks the beginning of preparations for the European Basket Championship, which will start next year, in 31st of August. The launch took place simultaneously in 4 countries where EUROBASKET2017 will take place: Romania, Turkey, Finland and Israel.
- The construction is 16 m long and 2 m tall and weights 4 tons.
- Eroilor street, the street where the symbol is placed, just became the place to take your photo if you’re a fan of this sport. The FIBA Instagram page is: http://www.fiba.com/eurobasket/2017/mosaic;
- EUROBASKET2017 starts on 31st of August 2017, and it will also take place in Romania, in Cluj-Napoca. It’s the first time in 30 years when Romania plays at EUROBASKET. This will be the most important sport event ever organized in our country
- In Romania, the EUROBASKET2017 tickets will be sold starting with 29th of September
- The teams that will play in the same group as Romania will be anounced in November, after drawing lots
Horia Paun, the President of Romanian Basketball Federation said: „EUROBASKET2017 is a great opportunity for Romanian basket, Romania, but also Romanian sport in general. We are honoured that we are part of this historic moment and we were trusted by International Basket Federation. The clock is ticking until EUROBASKET 2017 starts: we have ahead of us 365 days of intensive preparation and we look forward to meet the teams that will come and play in Romania.
To mark the preparation for the championship, Romanian Basketball Federation launched the official brand identity in August, for the first time in the 85 years of Romanian basketball. The Romania National Masculine Basketball team became „Vulturii” and the Feminine team became „Acvilele”. The identity will also be on the player's equipment. The brand identity is completed with a hymn, the melody „Tot mai sus” singed by GuessWho featuring DeMoga and it will be heard at every game of the national basketball team.