Start of #SigurantaOnline – online safety, a campaign about best practices for the security of personal information and money
Comunicat de presa 2021-10-14
The Romanian Police, the National Directorate of Cyber Security and the Romanian Association of Banks - of which Banca Transilvania is a member of - are launching #SigurantaOnline – online safety, a digital education campaign that offers the best cyber security practices, by accessing the sigurantaonline.ro platform.
Romania ranks among the top European countries in terms of best and fastest internet connections according to the reports of the Digital Economy and Society Index, but with a low level of digital education. Thus, 49% of the households in Romania are subscribed to very high speed broadband services, Romania thus ranking 5th in the EU. However, less than a third the country citizens have at least basic digital skills. According to DNSC statistics, 90% of cyber attacks are directed towards the average user. These attacks are facilitated by human error, lack of information or inadequate training.
The #SigurantaOnline – online safety campaign started in the European month of Cyber Security with an online experiment:
- Through the campaign, several test banners with phishing messages were posted on various sites to test the ease with which people click on a banner when they are offered a safe win.
- In 6 days of campaign, over 6,700 people clicked on a banner that promised them a safe win (55%), winning long-lasting devices (38%), safe investments (5%) or a dream vacation ( 2%).
- Most of those who clicked those banners are men (60%) aged between 35-54 years.
- After accessing the test banner, the citizens were redirected to segurantaonline.ro where they were invited to complete a quiz to learn more tips on how to protect themselves from online attacks.
Starting with October 14 2021, this online quiz can be completed by anyone who wants to measure their level of cyber education. The data entered must not be real, and the site does not collect personal data.
For each question, you clues are received about the following topics:
- how can people recognize fraud attempts;
- how a person that was frauded online should proceed.
The quiz was specially designed for this campaign and offers users both the opportunity to test their resistance to online frauds and to find useful information for safe internet browsing.