Banca Transilvania launches the Green Loan for environmentally friendly homes
Comunicat de presa 2020-12-03
- The new loan is the cheapest BT home loan.
- A green home means a healthier environment, lower utility costs and higher living standards.
- BT is the first bank in Romania to grant, since 2007, financing for energy efficient projects in the residential sector.
Banca Transilvania launches the Green Real Estate / Mortgage Loan, which encourages the purchase of energy efficient buildings. For the loans granted until the end of the year, the new product comes with a variable interest rate, in RON, of 4.77%, both for new loans and in case of refinancing.
The new BT offer means lower installments by up to 5% compared to a standard BT real estate loan, for the entire crediting period. A green home means a healthier environment, lower utility costs, lower carbon footprint, but also higher living standards.
BT's commitment to sustainability and responsible growth
BT is the first Romanian bank to grant financing for energy efficient projects in the residential sector in Romania, from EBRD funds, a step taken in 2017. Financing for energy efficient projects for the residential sector is the third area in which BT has been involved, the first steps being made 10 years ago for increasing the energy efficiency of the SME clients economic activities, as well as for sustainable growth projects carried out by public entities. In addition to financing from partnerships with the EBRD, IFC and EEEF, Banca Transilvania Financial Group supports the environmentally friendly projects, including from its own funds, and has complex models for environmental risk assessment. For the bank, #ThinkGreen means, in addition to green loans and the support of sustainable business ideas, the responsible use of natural resources, the provision of online banking solutions, green loans and afforestation actions, all part of the BT Commitment for responsible growth.
What does the latest BT loan mean:
- It is for buildings with superior energy performance with energy certificate A or B higher, with specific annual consumption of up to 163 kWh / m¬².
- It is granted in RON, the advance payment is 15%, and the loan period is between 5 and 30 years.
- The interest is 4.77%, composed of IRCC + fixed margin 2.6 p.p.
- For granting, the permanent income is taken into account: salaries, pensions, rents, dividends, income from abroad of at least one year, etc.
The first steps towards the new green house can be made online, on the bank's website, by simulating a loan with the help of the Installment Calculator and by requesting a consultancy meeting with one of the BT employees.
For example, for a loan of 200,000 lei, for a period of 30 years, with 360 equal installments, with an interest rate of 4.77% per year, IRCC 2.17% plus a fixed margin of 2.60% , the installment is approximately 1,045 lei.