26 years ago, in three apartments from Cluj-Napoca, one of the most beautiful stories of the Romanian entrepreneurship, Banca Transilvania, was born. With a team of 13 people, the history of BT started with its first customers, who were the founders of the bank and their friends.
The period insofar, namely the 30 years of capitalism, has brought the greatest transformations Romania has ever undergone, in terms of mentality, technology and lifestyle, and together with these, brought challenges and responsibilities for the welfare of the people and of the businesses. We live in an era of limited resources, and from here comes one of our responsibilities, as a bank, as a good citizen.
We are the only banking institution that has its roots here, which has grown up together with its customers and that understands them best. We financed the economy both in good times, and in crisis periods. What we are doing, respectively our more than 8,000 employees, every day at the office, is important for the development of the entire economy and contributes to the prosperity of millions of people:
- Over 3 million clients work with us
- Over 700,000 customers have loans contracted from BT
- Over 30,000 shareholders invest in BT
- 250,000 legal entities customers grow together with our bank
- 10,000 small businesses grow together with BT Mic, our micro-financing company. This means 20,000 employees in 2,000 municipalities.
- Over 9.600 people bought a house with a loan from BT in 2019.
- Every second, on average, 10 transactions take place with our bank’s cards.
- In 2019, we have invested 23 million RON in communities, education and sports, in over 1,000 projects.
- We are the largest institutional lender of the state through taxes and government bonds.
- How do we grow Romania? We fund ideas, people, businesses. We contribute to the increase of the banking degree, to increase the access of the Romanians to banking services, to money. We contribute to the digitalization of the country.
Romania is our home, and BT, one of the pillars on which Romania rests.
Let's do it, Romania! We are what we do.